The Baccarat strategy is a lot like slots because both are very chance-based games. We don’t know what cards will be dealt in the next round, so we can’t predict the hand using the card count.
The game is straightforward, with 3 bets: player, banker, and tie. Several versions offer additional Player/Banker Pair type bets. A big part of the strategy is knowing which bets to avoid and manage your budget.
To practice the technique and learn to manage the budget, play baccarat for free. YOJU online casino offers hundreds of variations of this game from brands such as 1×2 Gaming, Vivo Gaming, Lucky Streak, Evolution, NetEnt.
1. Best and worst bets in baccarat winning strategy
A winning strategy considers right choosing your stakes. Which of the 3 best bets is the best one to select?
Let us remind you how the game works:
- The dealer hands out two cards each to the contestants.
- The aim is to get a sum of points as close to a nine as possible.
- Tens and Jack to King are worth 0 points, Aces worth 1 point.
- If the sum is greater than 10, the first digit is discarded.
- If any opponent scores 8-9 points in these 2 cards, no more cards are added.
- The player stops at 6-7 points, the dealer stops at 7-9.
This leaves you with only 1 choice — which side to bet.
Experts believe that it is better to choose a banker stake. More often than not, the gambling website will offer a baccarat option with 6-8 decks. In this case, the casino’s advantage in this bet is only 1.06%.
Your chances with this bet are 45.85%. On the other hand, the Player bet has a 44.62% chance, giving the casino a 1.24% advantage.
The worst bet is the tie. It pays much higher (8:1), while the others pay 1:1. But a tie appears only 1 in 10 times, less than 10% of hands. In addition, a tie-in baccarat bet has a 14% house edge. Such a low winning probability means that you shouldn’t pick such a bet if you want to stay in profit after the session.
2. Baccarat strategy: a simple way to win
However, you can change the betting amount, like in roulette or slot machines. The change can be either “positive” or “negative”:
- Positive progression: You raise your bet when winning and decrease it after losing a round.
- Negative progression: You up your bet when losing and down it when you win the round.
Play baccarat for free via demos to learn these methods. The best-known examples are Martingale, Paroli, Fibonacci, Labouchere, Flat baccarat betting strategy.
But we would like to remind you each progressive method can eat your budget fast. In baccarat, the outcomes are entirely random. We can’t predict the results, especially in 6-8 deck variations and always using the shuffle machine.
That’s why it’s essential to manage your budget in a baccarat casino. Clearing spending limits allows you to enjoy the game.
What else is worth adhering to:
- Don’t look for patterns because baccarat is a 100% random card draw.
- Find the tables with the lowest fees. Most gaming websites charge a 5% commission on the banker’s bet. If you find a table with a lower commission, you will get a better payout.
- If you want to apply a card count, find the tables with the smallest number of decks.
- If you’re a beginner, start with mini-baccarat. Baccarat has the most straightforward rules, making it the easiest to get used to.
3. The baccarat strategy to win is planning the budget
Controlling the deposits and spending will ensure a comfortable gaming experience. The websites are keeping the rules as simple as possible means that the gameplay is greatly accelerated. An offline dealer can play up to 75 rounds in 1 hour. It means you have less than a minute to make a decision. And in online versions, the game can go even faster!
Consequently, you need to control your money. To get started, explore the baccarat rules in the free demos. You will find free game products at online casinos and information portals. The better you know the rules, the more opportunities you have to win.
Then work out your money limit for one playing session. It is the amount of money you don’t feel sorry to lose. YOJU online casino offers self-limiting options in the cabinet. You set limits on deposits, bets, and losses in your profile. The casino system will then automatically remind you of the limitations.
Periodically take breaks and check your bankroll size. If you are left with a profit, you can withdraw it from the game into your casino account. Then you continue the session with the same amount of money, finish it and leave all the money for the next time.
Control your emotions and never bet all in. Roughly speaking, your odds of winning are equal to your odds of losing in baccarat. 50-50 is not a good deal for all-in bets.
Also, never chase your losses. Yes, the adrenaline of the game encourages you to take risks in the hope of winning. But your hopes have no bearing on the odds of the casino.
So the baccarat strategy to win is to control your spending, opt for a single bet (banker) and practice with the free demos at baccarat online casino. Let your game be a pleasure!